They refuse to allow my domain to transfer nor provide another way to verify domain ownership to enable you to transfer it. There is no way to opt-out of a 60 day hold on your account as you cannot make changes without agreeing to this - so basically as a customer you are forced to agree to terms.
Here are the ICANN policy links:
If they are citing a 60-day hold based upon a change to your WHOIS registrant information, that is not allowed by ICANN's transfer rules (http://www.icann.org/en/transfers/policy-12jul04.htm), and we would highly recommend either filing a complain with ICANN (http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi) and/or contacting GoDaddy and demanding that they remove the lock on your domain and allow it to transfer.
I work with multiple freelancers and site developers and i will never tire of telling this to any client etc. I am asked to give advise on site development all of the time. Thumbs down. I called. I talked. I emailed this company. I also filed a complaint with ICANN and the BBB. Posted on their Facebook wall. Tweeted. Basically i have 60 days to voice my opinion, and if they won't allow my domain to transfer then that is the only recourse.
***As a business owner, they don't have your interest in their interest. ***Not recommended.
Connect with Facebook to get one click access to Trustpilot. It's easier.Sign up with Facebook